Partnerships and Reports Officer- NOB- Kabul
Application deadline 4 months ago: Tuesday 13 Sep 2022 at 22:29 UTCOpen application form
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Partnerships and Reports Officer Grade: NOB Type of contract: Fixed Term Duration: 12 Months (Extendable) Duty Station: Kabul Vacancy Number: 172867 Date of Publication: 30 Aug 2022 Deadline of Application: 13 Sep 2022 This vacancy announcement is for Afghan nationals only and WFP encourages especially Afghan females and Afghans with disabilities to apply.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The hunger crisis in Afghanistan is unfolding at a rapidly, with over half the country’s population of 40 million now facing acute food insecurity—the highest number the humanitarian community has ever seen in Afghanistan. Work opportunities are shrinking, with most households now reporting just one day of work per week. This comes on top of the worst drought in years, which is especially concerning for the 85 percent of the population who rely on agriculture for livelihoods.
Preventing and mitigating a drastic increase in hunger and malnutrition is the aim of WFP in Afghanistan which can only be achieved through the scaled up and sustained complementary food security and nutrition interventions, combined with a scale-up of resilience interventions to safeguard gains. WFP has embarked on a significant month on month scale-up of its crisis response and resilience programmes across the country, ensuring that the programme is delivered at the right scale and time, targeted to the right areas. WFP is also actively following up on evolving trends to pre-empt hotspots, while guaranteeing quality and maximum impact of the programme through the monitoring of these hotspots to be able to support continued donor advocacy.
Provide substantial value to WFP’s effective positioning with public, private and external partners to attract policy support, resources, technical assistance and innovative solutions to advance the work of WFP, while supporting member states in the achievement of the SDGs and Zero Hunger and emphasizing WFP’s contributions in this regard.Guided by the Corporate Partnership Strategy, to support effective management of relationships and collaboration with external partners. To ensure a flow of relevant information between WFP and partners, and support opportunities for synergies that maximize results.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Implement the work plan for an assigned area to enable WFP to identify, develop and strengthen quality partnerships in support of WFP strategic objectives.
- Proactively contribute to a partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling, data/trends analysis and outreach activities, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work; Ensure partner visibility and that partner conditions are met.
- Use data to propose options to managers to expand support from existing partners and to scope new partners, guided by programmatic assessment and context-specific analysis, with the aim to enhance the impact of WFP’s work and diversify the resource base.
- Gather and share partner intelligence (including forecasting), using key information systems (e.g. Salesforce, WINGS, WFPGo).
- Solicit inputs from other functional entities, RBs and COs on WFP’s programmatic offering that can gain traction with individual partner audiences; Conduct analysis and draft quality briefs in support of outreach opportunities.
- Gather socio-political insights to support WFP’s effective positioning vis-à-vis national governments, regional and international institutions with the aim to influence the policy agenda.
- In the context of the UN system and multilateral fora, support the development of partnerships and joint events with member states, civil society and intergovernmental organizations to advocate for the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the global agenda and advance WFP priorities and objectives, based on a basic understanding of member states’ dynamics and interests.
- Provide inputs to partnerships strategies, including the development of Partnership Action Plans; Draw up quality partner proposals and reports by engaging with other WFP entities and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the preparation of strategic agreements, joint strategies and MOUs in order to promote the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the national, regional and global agenda and to reach advantageous outcomes for WFP.
- Facilitate corporate dialogue with partners through networking and information sharing; Proactively highlight strategic issues to senior managers and propose options for the best course of action to nurture trust and partnership growth.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, organizing donor missions providing technical recommendations and guidance, and monitor defined risks.
- Collate relevant information and data from media and local internal and external sources to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data flow between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events that may have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
- Collate and assist in the dissemination of political and humanitarian analysis pertaining to WFP current or future responses and donor policies, trends and preferences to ensure country specific input to WFP’s operational reporting.
- Support in writing of donor reports in a timely manner together with the OIM and Reports Officers.
- Together with the OIM/Reports Officer support the preparation of Annual Country Report (ACR) for the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the country office programme, monitoring & evaluation, logistics and resource management functions by coordinating to ensure coherence and quality of performance information.
- Collaborate with counterparts internally and with other UN agencies to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information.
- Support COs or RBs in emergencies by preparing, organising and providing secretarial support to Operational Task Forces (OTFs).
- Contribute to identifying Corporate Performance Reporting Improvements.
- Other as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses
- Has a basic understanding of government and corporate strategies and priorities and experience in developing multi-stakeholder partnerships
- Has explored new partnership opportunities, provided inputs into developing solutions with prospective partners and explored new areas to scale-up existing activities
- Has designed and managed all resource mobilization processes and resource strategies, negotiated contract terms and provided resourcing advice to seniors.
- Has gained experience in using technology and digital tools for data collection, analysis and shared data-based insights to add value to all partnerships and reports.
- Has supported creation of external communications and briefing materials.
- Has provided advanced technical support and identified opportunities for service delivery excellence to strengthen partnerships
- Has motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive and sound working environment.
- Minimum three or more years of relevant professional work experience in partnerships and reporting roles.
- Fluency (level C) in English, Dari and Pashto.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.