Job Overview: The Operations Specialist is responsible for the coordination of operational functions of the LA office, resulting in a well-functioning, compliant environment for staff, clients, and partners. They are the primary point of contact for various functional areas, manage reception, and provide general administrative support. This is a challenging position that requires strong organization, creative problem-solving, a high level of personal initiative, and the ability to work well in a distributed, multicultural, fast-paced environment.Major Responsibilities:
Safety and Security (S&S)
· Serve as the office’s primary focal point for day-to-day S&S matters.
· Coordinate immediate incident management including filing police reports. Report S&S incidents involving covered persons in accordance with established protocols.
· Develop office-specific S&S onboarding materials, ensuring the provision of S&S briefings to new staff and covered persons.
· Organize a minimum of one emergency evacuation exercise at office or program site level per year and other appropriate trainings informed by Security Risk Assessment findings.
Information Technology (IT)
· Serve as the office’s primary focal point for IT and communications infrastructure, hardware, and software matters.
· Educate staff about IT support resources, including appropriate channels for incident reporting.
· Work with regional and HQ IT team to address any internet or telecommunications service disruptions, liaising with local internet and telecommunications service providers.
· Serve as the office’s primary point of contact for procurement and supply chain. Order supplies, equipment etc. in accordance with supply chain and financial compliance guidelines and coordinate servicing and repairs as needed.
· Manage and maintain digital and physical files.
· Manage vendor billing/invoices in coordination with Finance team.
· Coordinate fleet management in accordance with established protocols.
· Coordinate on- and off-site storage needs.
· Manage office and equipment leases, coordinate repairs and improvements with property managers as needed.
· Coordinate the allocation of workspaces and support related employee lifecycle needs such as building access.
· Support smooth functioning of office infrastructure including communications equipment and services.
· Assist with planning and coordinating office events and meetings.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Executive Director
Work Experience: One or more years of relevant work experience in office administration; facilities management, procurement or related field, preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Highly organized self-starter with demonstrated problem-solving and follow-through ability, and proven success in managing multiple and diverse priorities under pressure.
· Strong analytic problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
· Ability to troubleshoot basic IT issues.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
· Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
· Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent directly related experience required.
Language Skills: Fluency in English required.
Preferred experience & skills: Prior people management experience preferred
Working Environment: Standard office working environment
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement****: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity****: IRCis committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer****: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.