Job Description BACKGROUND
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
The Purpose of the Role:
Support the operations functions within the IRC Switzerland office and contribute to the effective management of our workspace.
Key Working Relationships
• Reports to Head of Facilities and Procurement, Europe
• Interim Head of Office, Switzerland
• Head of Finance, Belgium and Switzerland
• HR Associate, Switzerland
• Ensure physical presence at the Geneva Office
• Work with the Head of Facilities and Procurement, Europe, ensuring roll out of best operational practices
• Keeping the office tidy and functional - including the kitchen
• Replenishing catering supplies
• Ordering workspace supplies
• Sorting and distributing post.
• Own office management activities- including mail, deliveries, stationery and office supplies
• Sorting, distributing, and answering general emails and postal correspondence with customers and suppliers
• Processes expenses and invoices
• Willing to take on Fire Marshal and First aider duties
• Act as the Office Security Focal point
• Development and maintenance of Operations and Facilities Polices and document both physical and digital
• Adhoc administration tasks
• Management of all aspects for Health and Safety
• Administration of the local workspace booking system
• Proven experience working within an office environment and front-of-house preferred
• Able to work 5 days per week onsite at the Geneva office
• Geneva residency and having the right to work in Switzerland are essential
• Fluency in English and French are essential
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel and Office 365
• Proven problem-solving and customer service skills: the ability to successfully provide support to staff
• Professional telephone manner
• Excellent and accurate data entry skills
• Commitment to IRC’s values
You must have the right to work in the Switzerland. The application deadline for this role is 3rd December 2023.
IRC Switzerland strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC- Switzerland is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
IRC Switzerland welcomes applications from all candidates, including underrepresented groups and refugees who have the right to work in the Switzerland. IRC Switzerland will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application and/or interview process, and for essential job functions if appointed to a role. Please contact us if you may need such adjustments.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the online recruitment process, please contact the IRC UK/Switzerland HR team at [email protected]