National Producer Organization Specialist
Application deadline 1 year ago: Monday 22 Nov 2021 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
The main aim of FAO Country Offices, headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. FAO Lao PDR assists the Government to develop policies, programmes and projects to address the root causes of hunger and malnutrition, to develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. FAO participates in the development and implementation of field projects in the sectors of food security, agriculture and rural development. This requires the integration within the broader framework of sustainable food and agriculture that aims at increasing production and productivity, addressing climate change, and managing natural resources; and enhance rural livelihoods.
Under the direct supervision of the FAO Representative in Lao PDR, in close collaboration with project team, and the Lead Technical Officer (LTO) at FAO’s Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific.
The National consultant will undertake the following activities to provide technical and functional support to the project “Capacity Building for silk and orange production in Lao PDR” (TCP/LAO/3802).
Tasks and responsibilities
- In close coordination with the project team and the LTO, AFAOR support the national project team in providing advice on technical aspects of developing the orange producer organization in Lao PDR;
- Collaborate with international consultant and the team in developing the production plan, support production group access to market information, middle man, buyers, and orange processing company, including contract farming and setting up production partnership with deference actors for orange production groups;
- Work with the PAFO, DAFO technical staff, production groups, traders, and other actors on setting up production partnership and contract farming, monitoring, and reporting the progress of implementing activities;
- Assess the capacity of producers’ organization for capacity building and setting up production partnership with deference actors.
- Conduct meeting with partnership, organize contract farming, the list buyers, and other actors for analysis of the potential developing roadmap for orange production group in Lao PDR.
- Prepare consultation, meeting, contract farming report, and a draft report on producer’s organization.
- Presenting the producer organization report concerning stakeholders, and finalizing the report for LTO and FAO;
- Perform other related duties when required under the project;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in agronomy, agriculture, agro-economic
- Working knowledge of English.
- National of Lao or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experiences on developing master plan for agriculture commodities;
- Five years of relevant experience in: orange production for commercialization, policy advice and analysis related to food and nutrition, agriculture and rural development, drafting and implementation of agriculture related sectoral development programs;
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Experiences on developing agriculture policy framework, master plan for agriculture commodities and similar documents, corresponding experience in citrus would be a strong asset
- Experience in value chain analysis is desirable
- Good understanding of the Lao Agriculture Context
- Good communication skills and teamwork, be able to work with people in rural areas