National IT Specialist
Application deadline 9 months ago: Friday 4 Feb 2022 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
At the request of the Government of Mauritius, represented by the Ministry in charge of Agriculture, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) will provide technical assistance for the project " Mise en place d'un réseau de systèmes d’informations sur l’agriculture et la sécurité alimentaire et nutritionnelle dans les îles de l’Océan Indien ". The project is under the supervision of the Project Coordinator at FAO level (Madagascar, Mauritius, Comoros and Seychelles). In this context, FAO is recruiting a "National IT Specialist" to ensure the implementation of the Food Security thematic.
The National IT Specialist to support the operationalisation of agricultural information system, will work under the general supervision of the FAOR in Madagascar, to Comoros, Mauritius and Seychelles, the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative, the technical guidance of the project Lead Technical Officer (LTO), under supervision of the international coordinator and in close collaboration with the national project team.
Technical Focus :
Tasks and responsibilities
- Analyze the systems used in each country
- Support the national IT systems managers in the design of the methodology and computer processing programmes
- Contribute to the installation and configuration of software and hardware
- Train users on how to use the systems implemented
- Prepare the final report with conclusions and recommendations
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- An Advanced degree in agriculture statistics, rural economy or related fields.
- Working knowledge of English
- At least 5 years of experience working with microcomputers to process information and survey data
- Nationality of Mauritius or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong administrative and organisational skills,
- Computer literacy
- Good English technical report writing skills.
- Ability to provide team leadership and motivation