BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 40 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
The Midwife Nurse is a member of the IRC health and nutrition team and will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the IRCs MHNTs activities in Tigray Region. (S)He will primarily coordinate and implement effective medical logistics for the emergency health and nutrition program, from strategic design to implementation of a timely and appropriate medical supplies’ management, in line with organizational and international standards.
· Conduct Antenatal care including provision of T.T vaccination.
· Conduct Post Natal care.
· Provide Family Planning
· Ensure delivery plan with all registered pregnant women.
· Ensure referral of obstetrical emergencies
· Provide or link Sexual Assault Survivors to Clinical, Psychosocial Care and other SGBV services.
· Provide health education particularly on RH/HIV/AIDS including IYCF.
· Ensure that all specified HIV/AIDs and RH activities are implemented.
· Liaises and creates strong linkages with other sectors Nutrition, U5 Childhood illness OPD, SGBV, Hygiene & sanitation.
· Provide social and behavior change communication (SBCC) that promotes demands for RH services.
· Represent IRC at RH coordination meetings and task force meetings at Woreda level.
· Ensures that RH interventions are utilized as per the standard protocols, policies, and guidelines of MoH and WHO.
· At least two years of clinical experience in directly managing RH, including family planning), antenatal care, delivery, postpartum care, comprehensive abortion care, neonatal care, understanding and familiar with adolescent-friendly Reproductive health care services.
· Up-to-date knowledge of comprehensive clinical RH management practices and its guidelines are advantageous.
· Knowledge on culturally sound IEC/SBCC material on RH and HIV/AIDS topic.
· Ability to work under pressure in remote areas and understanding of the cultural context of the local area.
· BSc/MSc in Midwifery
Preferred experience & skills:
· With two years’ experience for BSc and one year’s MSc respectively and having NGO experience is highly desirable.
· Experience in organizing and facilitating trainings.
· Excellent written and spoken English.
· Amharic, and English. Local language Tigrigna is advantageous.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.