MHNT Nurse Officer
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 40 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
The Mobile Health and Nutrition (MHNT) Nurse Officer is a member of the IRC health team and will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the IRCs MHNTs activities in Tigray Region. (S)He will primarily coordinate and implement the HMNT nutrition program, under five and adult consultations, support EPI activities, STI syndromic management and carry out HIV/AIDs prevention awareness building, and referral for Care (ART) and counselling.
· Provide under five and adult consultations.
· Provide proper nutrition screening and emergency nutrition services (OTP, TSFP and linking cases for SC) based on national protocols,
· Record and registration of consulted/treated and nutrition program beneficiaries,
· Prepare, compile and timely submission of child health and nutrition services report,
· Manage child health and nutrition products/drugs stock, follow up on the stock level, utilization, and balance and notify early shortage to MHNT team leader,
· Conduct demonstration of Super cereal plus and other nutrition products preparation for new mothers to ensure appropriate utilization,
· Capacitate and assist HEWs in providing child health and nutrition services provision,
- · Compile and submit stock consumption reports.
· Provide health education at MHNT sites,
- · Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
- · Perform additional responsibilities as required by the MHNT Team leader and senior Health officer.
· Demonstrable experience in working with communities in participatory approaches and capacity building of health centers.
· Ability to plan, organize, and supervise implementation of emergency health response projects.
· Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual and ability to constructively address gaps and weaknesses.
· Ability to work under pressure in remote areas and understanding of the cultural context of the local area.
· BSc/MSC in public health/Nurse.
Preferred experience & skills:
· Minimum work experience of 2 years for BSc, and 1 years for MSc Degree.
· Basic supervisory/managerial skills with strong inter-personal skills.
· NGO experience in emergency health response project activities is preferable.
· Good technical and report writing skills with computer skills and knowledge.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Amharic, and English. Local language Tigrigna is advantageous.
Certificates or Licenses:
- Renewed Professional license.