Machine Learning Analyst
Application deadline 3 months ago: Wednesday 19 Oct 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
Result of Service The contractor will design, implement, and deploy several machine learning algorithms related to time series and NLP as well as provide basic data analysis outputs such as correlation and node analysis.
Work Location UN-House ESCWA
Expected duration 6 Months
Duties and Responsibilities Within limits of delegated authority and under the overall guidance of the Chief, ICTS, and direct supervision by the team leader, the Machine Learning Analyst will be responsible for the following duties:
- Read data from different sources using different methods (Rest APIs, data upload…);
- Consume different datasets from different sources and provide analytical based on the datasets (correlation, node analysis…);
- Understand data quality and provide measures and KPIs to display it;
- Build data analysis APIs and tools to consume different dataset and return the analysis of the data;
- Understand different methods to fill missing data in different parts of datasets and apply them regularly;
- Understand machine learning theories specifically in time series analysis and NLP;
- Implement feature selection algorithms to detect the most relevant parts of any dataset;
- Identity the proper machine learning models needed for the available datasets;
- Train machine learning models on large datasets and implement the inference model;
- Fine-tune machine learning models based on new requirements or new data;
Implement machine learning hyperparameter optimization algorithms.
Qualifications/special skills Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, analytics, statistics, information management, public administration, management, or any related field is required. At least 3 years of experience in machine learning, information systems, data science or related area is required. At least 1 year of experience in applied analytics, business intelligence, statistics is required. At least 3 years experience in python is required. The following skills are desirable: - Experience in data analysis and science methods, techniques and technologies; - Experience in open-source data visualization libraries, such as Apache Echarts, D3.js for producing dynamic, interactive web-based data visualizations; - Experience with self-service analytics and data visualization applications (MS PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau or similar), or business intelligence tools (SAP Business Objects, etc.); - Experience in Azure ML features.
Languages English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official United Nations language is an added advantage.
No Fee THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.