Junior Coordination Assistant (2 positions)
Application deadline 9 months ago: Tuesday 5 Apr 2022 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
The main aim of FAO Country Offices, headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. FAO Lao PDR assists the Government to develop policies, programmes and projects to address the root causes of hunger and malnutrition, to develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. FAO participates in the development and implementation of field projects in the sectors of food security, agriculture and rural development. This requires the integration within the broader framework of sustainable food and agriculture that aims at increasing production and productivity, addressing climate change, and managing natural resources; and enhance rural livelihoods.
“Resilient COVID-19 recovery and transformational pipeline to boost climate actions in agriculture, land and water sectors in Lao PDR” project aims to strengthen the capacity of the new NDA office with particular focus on (1) Building new NDA capacity for GCF coordination, in synergy with GEF and Adaptation und programming and strengthening Monitoring, Reporting, and Verification (MRV) of climate finance and its contribution to achieving the NDC, the 9th National Socio-Economic Development Plan 2021-2025 and localized SDGs targets; (2) Developing resilient and green COVID-19 recovery investment plans for the agriculture, forest, and other land use (AFOLU) sectors that are the most climate vulnerable and heavily affected by COVID-19 while also being the largest emitting sectors in the country; and (3) Developing a transformational climate finance pipeline with programme/project concept notes to maximize synergies of GCF, GEF, and AF and address resilient and green COVID-19 recovery
Under the overall administrative and functional guidance of the FAO Representative in Lao PDR, the direct supervision of the Operations Specialist. The incumbent will work in collaboration with the National Institutional and Capacity Building Consultant, project assistant, programme development specialist and other project staff.
The incumbent will closely collaborate with FAO staff at country and regional level as well as with government counterparts and other implementing partners and stakeholders. Specifically, the technical focus could be on GEF, GCF, AF project development, coordination and operations.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support NDA and project team in day to day administration and operations matter of the project.
- Support the National consultant – Institutional and Capacity Building and NDA in drafting of the TOR for ECFC and TWG, communications, organization of meetings and reporting.
- Support the coordination with sector ministries and other stakeholders for the MRV system development and trainings.
- Provide logistics support to organize various meetings, missions and workshops under the project;
- Support the National consultant – Institutional and Capacity Building in collecting information on GEF and AF programmes/projects, support stakeholder consultations/workshops for the participatory review and development of Guidance for integrated programming as well as support the coordination of consultants for pipeline development
- Write the meeting minutes and assist in preparing project progress report/ updates, meeting reports, and terminal report if required;
- Support translation of correspondence, documentation if any and
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in business administration, natural resources, data management and other related fields of the organization ;
- At least 01 year on event organization, data collection and compilation, writing minutes.
- Working knowledge in English;
- National of Lao PDR.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus;
- Building Effective Relationships;
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement.
- Management skills;
- Quality of both oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to plan and organize institutional and technical work and support work of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience in GEF, GCF and AF is an asset
- Extent of relevant experience in program/project management;
- Demonstrated analytical, negotiating and advisory skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Specific experience of project management and organizing technical workshops or webinars;
- Experience to work with government authorities.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/