International Consultant to develop technical specification for software for statistical business register, evaluation of tender documents and quality assurance at the final stage of install
Application deadline in 6 days: Thursday 13 Aug 2020
This is a International Consultant contract. More about International Consultant contracts.
In 2018, UNDP and the State Statistics Committee of Turkmenistan initiated the joint project “Strengthening institutional and statistical capacity on national accounts” that aims at strengthening the national statistical and institutional capacity for implementation the conceptual transition from 1993 version of the System of National Accounts (SNA) to 2008 version and expanding the scope, degree of detailed elaboration and quality of national accounts and complementary data of macroeconomic statistics.
The project components include the following: 1) national program for the 2008 SNA implementation and establishment of institutional mechanisms for coordination of national statistical system; 2) preparation of proposals for improving the system of statistical classifications; 3) adaptation to SNA 2008 requirements on business registers; 4) strengthening methodological, information and personnel potential in the area of national accounts of Turkmenistan in accordance with the requirements of the SNA 2008; and 5) strengthening ITC capacity to support the system of national accounts in Turkmenistan.
One of the main components of the Project document is to adapt business registers with the requirements of 2008 System of National Accounts (SNA 2008) and during the implementation of the project, the need to develop a software for statistical business registers was identified and the Terms of Reference for the software was developed by the hired international expert. Moreover, the development of the software for statistical business registers will serve as a part of implementation of the Concept for Development of the Digital Economy for 2019-2025 in Turkmenistan.
In this regard, UNDP Turkmenistan is seeking a qualified International Expert for Request for Quotation (RFQ) development, technical evaluation during tendering process and quality assurance at the final stage of installation and implementation. The consultant will also deliver other relevant assignments as requested by Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
The objective of this assignment is to review the ToR for the software for statistical business register and develop scope of work, including technical specifications and requirements, to be used in a Request for Quotation (RFQ) in line with the UNDP requirements for procurement, which is the key to a successful tender and to ensure competitive, relevant and strong applications. It is also expected that the consultant will support quality technical evaluation during tendering process and quality assurance at the final stage of installation and implementation.
To achieve the above objective, the international expert will carry out the following concrete tasks:
- After reviewing the existing Terms of Reference for Statistical business register (SBR), produce technical scope of work, including technical specifications and requirements to be used in a RFQ, jointly with the UNDP project manager and State Statistics Committee (Turkmenstat) staff;
- Undertake Support technical evaluation of tender applications, preparation of technical evaluation report to ensure best quality and value for money procurement;
- Write Quality Assurance Report for ensuring compliance with technical requirements of the Turkmenstat, determine training needs and improvement in performance and quality, monitor performance;
The international expert will work with UNDP on a daily basis. He/she will report directly to UNDP Project Manager.
- Scope of work, including technical specifications and requirements prepared and cleared for RFQ.
Location: Home based. Number of days: 15 working days.
- Technical evaluation report of tendering documentation implemented.
Location: Home based. Number of days: 8 working days.
- Quality assurance report developed after installation and integration of the software for statistical business register to existing system of the bank.
Location: Home based. Number of days: 7 working days.
Number of days: 30 days (tentatively end of August 2020-31.12.2020).
This is an instalment-based contract that should cover the costs of consultancy required to produce the above deliverables. The final schedule of payments will be agreed upon in the beginning of consultancy. Payment will be released in three instalments: 1st instalment: 40% (for deliverable 1), 2nd instalment: 30% (for deliverable 2), 3nd instalment: 30% (for deliverable 3), – upon timely submission of respective deliverables and their acceptance by UNDP Turkmenistan.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Good knowledge of statistics and business registry IT architecture and technology, IT management processing and testing;
- Good understanding of statistical IT strategy (electronic statistics);
- Good understanding of statistical digital industry, including market technology trends and product developments;
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills;
- Results driven, ability to work under pressure and to meet required deadlines.
Required Skills and Experience
- University Bachelors’ degree in one of the related fields including IT architecture, Digital Technology, and other related fields. Higher degree in these fields is an advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in statistics IT architecture and technology, IT management processing;
- Good knowledge of international standards and technology developments in business registry;
- Previous relevant work experience with the UN or other international organizations is an asset;
- Knowledge and experience of work in the CIS, Central Asia and other countries with similar environment is an advantage.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Russian is desirable.
Submission of applications:
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. All experts applying for this position are required to provide:
- Brief (1-2 pages) description of the methodology for the assignment.
- Cover Letter which contains a brief description of approach to work/technical proposal of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment, and a proposed methodology on how they will approach and complete the assignment; (maximum 1 page);
- A summary of experience in similar assignments;
- Financial Proposal with the references to (1) the daily rate for the assignment and within the timing scale indicated in the present TOR. Template of the form named "Offeror's Letter to UNDP confirming Interest and Availability" can be found at http://www.tm.undp.org/content/turkmenistan/en/home/procurement.html . The UNDP will enter into an Individual Contract based on a lump sum amount. The financial proposal shall represent a detailed, justified and “all inclusive” amount. In order to assist UNDP in the comparison of financial proposals, the financial proposal shall include a breakdown of this lump sum amount, including: a daily fee for the tasks and an estimated duration as specified in this announcement, travel (to and from the missions), per diems, any other possible costs (including vaccinations, dwelling, communication etc.);
- Personal CV form including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees.
Evaluation of proposals:
Individual Consultants will be evaluated based on the combined scoring methodology. When using this method, the award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant and having received the highest score – out of 100 points.
Out of the maximum score, the score for technical criteria equals 70% - maximum 70 points, and for financial criteria 30%.
The technical evaluation will take into account the following as per the scoring provided:
- Education in IT industry and other related fields –30 pts;
- The experience (at least 5 years) in IT statistics and business registry–30 pts;
- Knowledge and experience of work in the CIS, Central Asia and other countries– 10 pts;
- Methodology-15 pts;
- Fluency in English –10 pts;
- Fluency in Russian –5 pts.
Financial proposal – 30% of total evaluation.
Additional requirements for recommended contractor:
Recommended contractors aged 65 and older, and if the travel is required, shall undergo a full medical examination including x-ray, and obtain medical clearance from the UN-approved doctor prior to taking up their assignment. The medical examination is to be cleared by the UN physicians, and shall be paid by the consultant.