Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud) - ITDIO (Contractual)
Application deadline in 3 days: Tuesday 5 Dec 2023 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
The IT Department of the IMF is looking to hire an Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud). This position is a contractual role and reporting to the Deputy Chief of the Infrastructure and Operations Division in the Information Technology Department of the Fund and working in cooperation with the Service Delivery Lead (Server and Cloud), the ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the platforms and services supporting cloud foundation and applications in Microsoft Azure. In partnership with the Service Deliver Lead, the engineer will be considered one of the IMF’s subject matter experts on the domain and the specific platforms in use at the IMF.
In addition to the knowledge and experience with various cloud platforms/architectures, the position requires experience and expertise in the following areas as they relate to the managing cloud platforms:
- Azure Cloud Storage and compute solutions
- Cloud Networking and routing, Cloud policies and automation
- Azure DevOps Integration
- Azure AD SSO, SCIM-based user provisioning, Azure AD connect
- Federation Services (ADFS/Azure AD)
- Cloud load balancing services
- Cloud connectivity configurations (ExpressRoute, FastConnect)
- Content delivery (Azure Front Door)
- Cloud security
- Cloud automation (Terraform)
- Containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cloud resource management and cost optimization
- Disaster recovery / Business continuity in a multi-cloud environment
- Advanced university degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study or equivalent, plus a minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field of study plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL-based Service Management role.
- Minimum of 5+ years of Microsoft Azure experience required, including designing, implementing, and supporting Azure cloud environments.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure resource management Experience with cloud security best practices including securing key vaults, private-endpoints, network security groups, application gateways, etc.
- Desired experience with Docker and Kubernetes containerization management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures the highest level of service quality, closely liaising with process owners and managers, Corporate IT, Architects, IT security, and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with the department’s strategy, policies, and standards for the entire lifecycle of the services delivered.
2. As part of the support team, ensures the provisioning of applications and resources in the Cloud infrastructure as needed.
3. Reviews existing cloud environments regularly and makes recommendations for improvements.
4. Participates in the analysis of system options, risk, cost/benefit, and impacts on business processes and goals
5. Manages standards and best practices for optimal use of cloud solutions.
6. Generates scripts and templates required for the automatic provisioning of resources.
7. Gathers infrastructure and cloud requirements while working with application architects and owners.
8. Manages and supports Azure AD-based federation, user identity and Single Sign On.
9. Manages Azure DevOps integration with cloud platforms.
10. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
11. Monitors and optimizes the Azure resource costs.
12. Oversees and directs the Managed Service Provider (MSP) support team to provide cloud platform support.
13. Ensures that value is achieved as anticipated from the MSP relationships, especially that the overall services are delivered as expressed in the service contract.
14. Evaluates and reports defined KPIs to support client IT Management decision making.
15. Reviews and monitors MSP service delivery and management problems, process issues, and escalation procedures.
16. Works with platform owners and project teams to facilitate prioritization of work in alignment with the business and Managed Service Providers (MSP) response to demand.
Skills and Experience
- Strong customer service skills and a high level of professionalism.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills and good judgment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to support various database platforms and learn new technologies as needed.
This is a one-year contractual appointment. Contractual appointments at the IMF are renewable for up to four years of cumulative contractual service, pending incumbent's performance, budget availability, and continuous business need.
ITDIO Information Technology Department Infrastructure & OperationsHiring For:
A11, A12The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation. We welcome requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities during the selection process.