Individual Contractor (11.5 months, Full-time), Salesforce Data Quality & Capacity Building, UNISON team, Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP), Geneva
Application deadline 3 months ago: Tuesday 11 Oct 2022 at 21:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
UNICEF has undertaken an accelerated effort to increase global uptake and systematic usage of UNISON (the Salesforce-based Customer Relationship Management system) across the spectrum of private sector partnerships, including UNICEF National Committees, as well as rolling out the tool for the management of public sector partnerships. The goal is to maintain and manage all donor partner relationships on UNISON globally (horizontally and vertically), promoting partnership knowledge-sharing and coordination, tracking of income and pipeline funding, and enabling increased financial and non-financial support to drive results for children.
The UNISON Quality & Training Consultant will be a member of the UNISON team and will contribute to ensuring UNISON brings value to users in the UNICEF Private Partnerships and Fundraising (PFP) Division, UNICEF National Committees, Public Partnerships Division (PPD), as well as partnerships managers in the field.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the UNISON Senior Business Analyst, the incumbent will support new users in bringing the quality of information up-to-date in UNISON, particularly in relation to their partner engagement and pipeline data, and build reports and dashboards for teams and for the monitoring of overall content completion. The incumbent will develop communication/informative materials and maintain the UNISON communications site, share knowledge, and promote cross-team collaboration, contributing to increasing usage of and familiarity with UNISON among Partnerships teams to promote ongoing engagement and realization of benefits.
- Support UNISON team in the global roll-out of UNISON and project management by coordinating inputs to key documents and materials and preparing reports on system usage.
Liaise with UNICEF public and private partnerships teams and field colleagues to support data upload and ‘clean-up’ of pre-existing data in UNISON to ensure it accurately reflects the portfolio of existing partnerships and the new business pipeline.
Support UNISON Project Manager and Senior Business Analyst in preparation of global trainings.
- Create and maintain documentation on UNISON end-user support, training materials and how-to operations documents, including management of the training materials across UNISON document repository (SharePoint).
- Re-design, update and maintain UNISON Communications site (on SharePoint) with latest information and materials, and UNISON Project SharePoint site. This is to include clean-up and re-organization of Project SharePoint site.
- Other tasks as required to ensure strong relationship between UNISON team, technical and business teams across the partnership cone, and drive adoption and engagement to maximize the benefit of UNISON for partnership management.
Provide timely, ongoing support to users, increasing knowledge and confidence in UNISON usage.
Re-design, update and maintain UNISON Communications site (on SharePoint), to facilitate easy navigation and identification of latest information and materials;
Clean-up and re-organize UNISON Project SharePoint site, archiving older files and segregating by current Enterprise Project.
Develop and execute training of Regional Office UNISON Focal Points for all seven Regions as first-line field support resources and establish regular support system for this cadre.
Hold bespoke sessions organized on a minimum of monthly basis for UNISON team focal points and/or relevant colleagues globally to build their capacity to correctly manage their Accounts and Opportunities in UNISON.
Create Reports and Dashboards tailored to the needs of various users (UNISON Focal Points, National Committee or Country Office users) developed for priority areas, as well as quality-check reports to identify records where key information is missing, inaccurate or requires updating.
Work with business users and technical support to develop and implement appropriate system controls/ validation rules that can prevent previously identified data errors.
ESTIMATED DURATION OF THE CONTRACT AND PROPOSAL
11.5 months, full time, tentatively starting in 31 October 2022.
Senior Business Analyst, UNISON, PFP and under the overall supervision of
Senior Project Manager, UNISON, PFP
Remote, aligned with Central European Time zone working hours. No travel is foreseen.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or higher) in management information systems, computer science, business administration, communications, information technology management or other related social science field. A first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree), in combination with qualifying experience, may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in the areas of fundraising and partnerships, marketing, communication or data and knowledge/ information management in a large international organization, NGO or corporation is required.
Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce is required.
Knowledge and experience in Private and/or Public sector fundraising and relationship management is an asset.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams an asset.
- Experience working with data and knowledge management solutions, specifically Sharepoint, is an asset.
- Experience in preparation and dissemination of technical and non-technical training materials is an asset.
- Experience with the United Nations system, UNICEF, UNICEF National Committees or a multilateral or bilateral development organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
Others technical competencies:
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility and agility to adapt to changing and evolving business requirements and objectives.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Remarks: Please indicate your ability, availability and gross daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered. Also, please mention the earliest date you can start.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein. Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment. It does not apply to consultants who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultancy contracts.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF offers reasonable accommodation for consultants/individual contractors with disabilities. This may include, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions or personal attendants. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you need reasonable accommodation during the selection process and afterwards in your assignment.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.