ICLA Assistant Ukraine Chernihiv (Ukrainian Nationals ONLY)
Application deadline in 22 hours: Saturday 4 Feb 2023 at 15:49 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 3 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 3 (NRC) contracts.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the ICLA Assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the ICLA project
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the ICLA Programme according to plan of action; promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Contribute to identification of protection risks and needs in the context of the program implementation
- Welcome visitors to the NRC office in Chernihiv, and direct them accordingly
- Receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls according to needs; receive, distribute and register brochures, mails, documents and reports
- Ensure order and cleanliness of the reception area
- Provide secretarial support such as data entry of intake forms, taking minutes, drafting letters, etc.
- Under the supervision of ICLA Project Coordinator, facilitate information, counselling and legal assistance activities in accordance with the standard operating procedures, guidelines and instructions from lawyers; provide timely, accurate and reliable information to IDPs and conflict-affected people as regards their rights and entitlements and how to claim them, draft legal letters, applications, fill in forms, or other templates and otherwise assist in preparation of legal documents supporting clients to claim their rights and entitlements
- Responsible for all reception duties related to the LAC, including welcoming clients; client outreach: answering phone/hotline and taking messages
- Ensure that clients have a comfortable space to wait and to fill forms
- Responsible for contacting clients and arranging appointments in coordination with ICLA colleagues
- Responsible for taking bookings for meetings in the LAC and ensuring that it is kept in order. Handle catering and other related services
- Assist drafting letters and data entry of intake forms as necessary
- Overall responsible for the purchasing, distribution and recording of stationary
- Entry of data from intake forms and photocopying and filing all the documents related to ICLA activities (ICLA client files etc.)
- Perform any other task as requested by ICLA Project Coordinator and/or Project Manager
1. Professional competencies
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience working with administration
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- English knowledge is an advantage
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of the context in Ukraine
- Good knowledge of the Ukrainian and Russian languages
- Experience of working as administrator or receptionist. Experience working in a non-profit legal service provider, law firm or other entity providing legal counselling and assistance would be considered as an advantage.
- Knowledge of the software programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
2. Behavioural competencies
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
Handling insecure environments
Type of contract: till 31.12.2023, contingent upon availability Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions. Duty station: Chernihiv This position is for Ukrainian nationals only. Closing date for this vacancy is 04/02/2023 Please note that we will contact only shortlisted candidates. NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment. NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.