Application deadline 2 months ago: Sunday 27 Nov 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
Result of Service - To offer excellent services to member's satisfaction and sort to encourage growing repeat business. - Service must be in tandem with the standard operating procedure of the profession while instructing
Work Location Nairobi
Expected duration 6 months
Duties and Responsibilities The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the respective office of the Secretary-General. UNON supports program implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Program UNHABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org). This post is in the office of United Nations Office at Nairobi, Central Support Services (CSS), Commercial Operations Unit (COU). Under the supervision of the Unit Chief.
The incumbent provides specialized support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of the UN Recreation Centre.
The UN Recreation Centre (UNRC) is open for membership to UN staff members and the diplomatic community. The UNRC has over the years recognized the need to keep pace with the growing sophistication and demands of members, so it offers a sports facility that meets their fitness and health goals. The facility has a state-of-the-art gym, with separate cardio as well as weights section and is equipped with Technogym machines. All the equipment is of the highest quality, well designed ergonomically and bio-mechanically precise.
UNRC is seeking a fitness instructor to provide professional fitness activities that include coaching, teaching classes and program design to United Nations Recreation Centre members and guests. The incumbent works towards creating excellence in the fitness center reporting directly to UNRC Manager.
Responsibilities will include;
- Identify the members’ fitness level and health
- Oversee completion of exercise routines
- Track members’ physical progress
- Modify exercise plans based on needs, potential injuries, or health issues
- Conduct individual and group fitness training sessions
- Adopt a holistic training approach (e.g., cardiovascular exercise, strength)
- Oversee the use of fitness equipment to ensure clients exercise properly and safely
- Handle nutrition and health-related questions
- Refer to and promote fitness packages and plans
- Carry out First Aid and CPR if needed
- Follow safety and hygiene guidelines
Any other duties as instructed by management
Qualifications/special skills - High School Certificate is required.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience from a reputable organization/setting is required.
- Thorough knowledge of fitness as a service, fitness products and equipment is required.
- Certificate in fitness from ACE, ITEC or related qualifications is required.
Proven experience of CPR and First Aid is desirable.
Languages Fluency in oral and written English is required.
No Fee THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.