ERD Livelihoods Officer - Baghdad
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC has long-term programs based in Ninewa, Anbar, Kirkuk, Baghdad, and Erbil, as well as emergency response programs supporting Syrian refugees and internally displaced people (IDPs), returnees and host communities.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community, IRC currently addresses the needs of war affected Iraqi IDPs from several operational bases in the region. Our activities in the region focus primarily on the provision of non-food items, unconditional cash grants, health, early recovery, community protection and child protection and form part of an overarching humanitarian response in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey and the region that seeks to assist IDPs and refugees survive conflict and displacement.
SCOPE OF WORK****: The Economic Recovery and Development Livelihoods Officer is a short-term IRC position working to improve livelihoods of youth affected by conflict in Iraq with access to business training followed by apprenticeship, business grants, Job counselling, life skill training, and vocational training. Supervised by the ERD Manager, the ERD livelihood Officer will work closely with the ERD livelihood team. This program aims to improve service access, socio-economic empowerment and enhance recognition for Iraqi youth (IDPs, Returnees and Host community) mainly women.
Location of Work: Baghdad Governorate (including Karkh and Risafa)
· Carry out community mobilization, client’s identification, selection and registration processes timely, transparently in accordance with the program guidelines related.
· Participate in various field assessments and surveys including; market research, needs assessment, baseline surveys, and pre-post training surveys.
· Develop training schedules in close collaboration with the business trainer.
· Organize, facilitate and support running of business trainings, Life skill trainings, grants disbursement and IGAs establishment process.
· Regularly monitor program activities progress against program work plan promptly identifying any current or potential delays and provide timely inputs and feedback to the Management.
· Establish clear beneficiary’s follow-up mechanisms and ensures that appropriate actions are made.
· Compile and submit regular project updates/reports to the Management and promptly identify and recommend solutions to technical issues.
· Prepare purchase and payment requests related to ERD and undertake necessary steps.
· Ensure all activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection for beneficiary questionnaires, regular market monitoring and pre-post trainings surveys.
· Establish and maintain transparent, functional and respectful relationships with target communities and partners to ensure the program is well understood and expectations are in line with the program objectives.
· Fully comply with IRC safety and security procedures and provide input to security monitoring and assessments to enable and promote a safe and secure environment for program implementation.
· Work with ERD team and program manager on create linkages with Child protection team as well as with other actors delivering curriculum.
· Support the coordination with the government stakeholders including MOLSA, MOYS, MoE, etc.
· This position will work with Youth (15-24 Years), and 60% will be young females. The candidate should have experience in working with youth and females mainly.
· Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: CYPD Manager.
Position directly supervises: N/A.
Support and cooperation: CYPD Coordinator, ERD coordinator, and ERD Technical manager.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business management or related field.
· Minimum 2 years professional experience in Livelihood’s programming in a role related to assessment and trainings is required.
· Very good in English and Fluent in Arabic language is required.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
· Experience working with people from different backgrounds.
· Belief in human rights including gender equality.
· Motivated, dynamic; able and willing to take initiatives.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
SPECIFIC SECURITY SITUATION/HOUSING:
The security situation in Iraq remains fluid and unpredictable. Candidates may expect periods of insecurity, periodic suspensions of, or restrictions in, program operation and/or field travel, and high levels of volatility in the operating environment.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement****: Per the Iraqi Ministry of Health COVID-19 guidelines, IRC requires candidates who are selected for positions to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter IRC premises. However, the exemption is only accepted per the Iraqi Health regulation and upon the provision of a negative PCR test.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity****: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer****: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to all Job Seekers IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to Iraqhr@rescue.org
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية و ان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة.
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى Iraqhr@rescue.org
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.