Energy Thematic Manager NORCAP
Application deadline in 8 days: Thursday 9 Dec 2021 at 10:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 9 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 9 (NRC) contracts.
In NORCAP we work to accelerate the transition from diesel to clean energy sources in humanitarian, development and peacebuilding settings and to increase the access to clean energy for end-users. A circular approach to the support provided and with a keen eye on the overarching sustainability aspects, our thematic manager on clean energy is part of the team on greening and sustainability in NORCAP.
The thematic manager is responsible for developing and delivering results within a the thematic area of clean energy, in accordance with the NORCAP strategy and relevant thematic strategic plans, to ensure that NORCAP is a relevant and leading actor within a thematic area.
The Thematic Manager will work within the team structure in the department. The project team is collectively responsible for delivering on the project, as defined in the team mandate and the social contract
- Compliance with all NRC-and NORCAP’s policies, procedures, and branding.
- Proactively contribute to effective and well-functioning team(s) that delivers collectively and according to plans. Take on the role as Team Coordinator as agreed in the team structure. Accountable for delivering results within relevant thematic area of clean energy in accordance with relevant strategic plans, grant agreements, result frameworks and budgets
- Stay updated on the thematic area of clean energy to guide and develop NORCAP’s programme and advocacy efforts
- Develop and implement strategic plan for the relevant the thematic area of clean energy.
- Represent the project according to needs, in relevant fora and vis-à-vis international, regional and national donors, partners and stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing new initiatives and projects within the thematic area of clean energy of responsibility.
- Responsible for assessing security risks when developing new initiatives and projects.
- Responsible for fundraising to deliver on the thematic programme strategy including donor engagement and development of donor proposals
- Oversee the quality of design, monitoring, and evaluation of NORCAP proposals from a thematic perspective.
- Responsible for developing communities of practice
- Maintain and advance new strategic partnerships
Please access the full Job Description for more details about the role.
What you will bring:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within the humanitarian, development, or peacebuilding sectors
- Master’s degree or equivalent (including proven work experience and skills). Documented results within developing and leading programs in the relevant thematic areas
- Experience from strategy work, fundraising, project management and advocacy.
- Demonstrated professional experience in maintaining and developing partner and donor relations
- Demonstrated professional knowledge of the humanitarian/development/peacebuilding sectors at both policy and operational level
- Demonstrated experience with initiating, planning, and executing projects in the relevant sector
- Experience with personnel administration, preferably from international work
- Experience with transition to clean energy, preferably in humanitarian or development settings
What makes this position attractive?
- A strongly committed, challenging, and international work environment in a large, world-renowned humanitarian organisation
- An opportunity to work with highly competent colleagues, develop your own skills in an international context while contributing to further professionalise our procedures
- A 12 months position at our Head Office in modern locations in central Oslo. Notice: other work locations can be considered
- Compensation according to NRC’s salary scale, good pension and insurance schemes
- For more information about the role, please contact Marte Graff Jenssen, Head of Climate and Energy NORCAP, mail: [email protected]
- Please submit all relevant documents when applying