Education Program Strategist
The program design manager will be crucial in the development of the AudioClass System (ACS). The AudioClass System is an automated messaging platform that can share educational multimedia content with students via their existing devices. AudioClass aims to be a scalable solution that can deliver a high-quality experience for users that is interactive, personalized and data driven.
The innovation is now entering an expanded pilot phase after previous prototyping and small pilots. The Airbel Impact Lab is looking to hire a program strategist that can lead the pilot planning, partnership selection for the education messaging platform and design the system alongside it’s partner the Norwegian Refugee Council. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, imaginative, problem solver with experience designing digital experiences, educational content, and bringing successful products to market.
The consultant will be an integral part of our process and lay a foundation for the system.
- Lead strategic growth planning: The consultant will work closely with the internal strategists and lead the development of a global digital growth strategy for AudioClass. The consultant will leverage their experience creating and scaling successful digital products to build a compelling vision and plan for AudioClass globally. - Lead pilot design: The consultant will work with the larger Airbel team, strategist, leads, researchers, education coordinators and the partner to plan the pilot. - Supporting with vendor identification for the platform****: The consultant will conduct a landscape assessment in Colombia and the region to identify possible business service providers that can set up the messaging platform, contact said providers, and review proposals from our request for proposals to identify top candidates that meet the requirements for the innovation. We have an explicit focus on ensuring that the platform can serve other program requirements regionally, globally and across sectors. - Analysis of potential vendors****: The consultant will generate clear criteria and analyze the top candidates and create a report and cost analysis of the platform provider options for the team to review. - Coordinate with education partners: The consultant will coordinate with key education stakeholders, including partner NGOs, ministries of education and education consultants to identify and develop content and curriculum suitable for the education needs and compatible with the platform being developed. - Service design: The consultant will be responsible for coordinating and collaborating with Airbel team members, pedagogical experts, behavioral scientists, design researchers, graphic designers and other consultants to plan, design and oversee designing the product experience including prototyping and testing with users. - Documentation: The consultant will be responsible for creating final documentation of their work including insights from prototype testing, product strategy and recommendations.
- Professional experience in managing or leading digital product design or service design that exists in the real world for 5+ years - Prior experience planning and executing program or product pilot phases - Portfolio of relevant digital and educational projects - Experience leading digital educational projects or creating educational content that has reached children at scale - Experience in humanitarian or development settings, or emerging markets or building solutions with offline or low connectivity capabilities
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Educational content, curriculum and pedagogical design experience, especially for digital formatsDesign research that includes quantitative data collection and analysis - User experience - Service design - Strategy including market research, landscape assessments and building a scaling strategy
- Spanish – fluent – written and spoken - English – fluent
Preferred experience & skills:
- Strong analytical skills - Ability to present recommendations in plain, jargon-free language - Able to design and implement an effective qualitative and quantitative research program - Able to design an effective lean experiment, analyze results, and help interpret data and guide decision making - Ability to present research results and visualize recommendations in clear, compelling, and creative ways - Strong storytelling skills with the ability to visualize through graphics such as diagrams, storyboarding, in digital deck format - Comfortable in developing, organizing and running co-creation sessions with users and team - Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills - Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time - Strong problem-solving skills - Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure - Highly proficient in Google Suite
- Full time remote work - Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work from during regularly scheduled work hours. - Willingness to travel once safe to do so
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.