Application deadline 5 months ago: Tuesday 30 Aug 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
Result of Service Selected documents will be uploaded to ODS (UN Official Document system) by December 2022, to be available for inclusion in the Conference Primers. The goal is to enlarge availability and facilitate access to UN documents in key areas of interest to delegates, diplomats, staff, and researcher
Work Location Geneva
Expected duration 4 months (September to December 2022), with possibility of extension
Duties and Responsibilities In the framework of a partnership between the UN Library and the Department of Conference Management at UN Geneva, the contractor will:
- Prepare selected UN documents for digitization in the fields covered by the UN Library Conference Primers (fields include: disarmament, international law, human rights, peace and security, trade and economics)
- Verify that documents are not already available in electronic format in institutional repositories
· Perform digitization functions, including scanning, creating digital objects and uploading of documents to designated repositories
· Assist in description and creation of metadata
· Perform collection maintenance according to the UN documents classification systems
- Maintain relevant statistics
Qualifications/special skills Academic Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience in library work, archives, museums, documents management or in digitization functions is required. Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English (oral and written) and knowledge of French is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage. Skills: Ability to work with digital files in various formats is required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, in particular EXCEL is required. Knowledge of UN documentation system is an asset.
No Fee THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.