Development worker as Advisor (m/f/d) in the field of waste management
Application deadline 1 year ago: Sunday 10 Jul 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Volunteer contract. More about Volunteer contracts.
GIZ, in cooperation with the Service Agency Communities in One World of Engagement Global and on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, is implementing the project "Experts Fund for Municipal Partnerships Worldwide". The aim of the project is to assign experts to municipal partnerships in order to promote the development of partnerships between cities in Germany and the global south and to strengthen their joint projects related to development cooperation.In 2019, Ar-Ramtha municipality and the German city of Augsburg formed a municipal partnership. Within the framework of this partnership, the objective of the planned expert assignment is to support an inclusive municipal service provision in the field of waste management by initiating waste-related project activities and piloting recycling systems.
- Design and implementation of recycling projects based on an on-site situation analysis
- Optimizing of waste management through technical and managerial recommendations to optimize waste collection/sorting
- Improving the organizational development in the waste sector, including on-the-job training opportunities
- Planning and implementation of awareness raising activities among the population like public campaigns on waste separation, while addressing the needs of different population groups, including refugees
- Facilitating knowledge transfer and exchange between Ar-Ramtha and Augsburg in the field of waste management and the integration of refugees
- Networking and engaging in professional exchange of expertise with other stakeholders like national ministries, the Jordanian Regional Council for Municipal Services, and others
- University degree in Management, Circular Economy or any related fields
- Several years of practical experience in (municipal) waste management
- Work experience in the improvement of waste management systems or circular economy and recycling, preferably in municipal authorities or waste management companies
- Experience in the field of awareness raising campaigns or development cooperation is an advantage
- Very good communication skills and intercultural sensitivity, high level of self-organization
- Previous work experience in Jordan/ the Middle East is an advantage
- Fluent skills in Arabic and English, German is an advantage
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Jordan.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: email@example.com
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
HR-Services Client Portal +49 6196/79-3200 [email protected]