Application deadline 3 months ago: Monday 29 Aug 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
Result of Service The main purpose of the individual contractor is to systematically apply statistical and/or logical techniques to describe and illustrate, transform, condense, and evaluate data accurately. Additionally, the IC will be responsible to provide accurate and comprehensive data and independently provide accurate, well organized reports and/or records.
Work Location Beirut
Expected duration 3 months
Duties and Responsibilities Under the overall guidance of the Chief, ICTS, and direct supervision by the team leader, applications support and development, the contractor will perform the following tasks:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and "clean" data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Theoretical knowledge and hands-on experiences in algorithms and techniques related to data classification, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and NLP;
- Passion for a fast-paced agile environment and delivering functional perfection in short time windows;
- Ability to easily go from idea to working prototype to apply data analysis techniques for problem solving
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & standard methodologies for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication; Ability to explain complex solutions in easy-to understand terms
- Supports team members with data cleaning from primary or secondary sources and maintaining databases/data systems
- Creates simple data visualizations for internal or external use independently
- Performs ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports
- Provides technical support for existing reports, dashboards, or other tools
- Identifies and analyzes errors and inconsistencies in data and provides timely resolutions
- Contributes to the identification and analysis of patterns in data sets using various methods
Prepares data sets upon request; responds to queries/requests and maintains/updates web pages.
Contributes to the preparation of reports based on organizational needs and requirements for reporting and analysis
Supports more senior staff in their work on process improvement mechanisms
Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/special skills Academic Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, data science, analytics, statistics, information management, public administration, management or a related field is required. Experience: Minimum 2 years working experience in applied analytics, business intelligence, information management, statistics, project management, stakeholder management or related area is required.
The following skills are required: - Knowledge of data analysis methods, techniques and technologies - Knowledge of Database design and data normalization methods - Knowledge of open source data visualization libraries such as Apache Echarts, D3.js for producing dynamic, interactive web-based data visualizations. - Knowledge of data analysis techniques and algorithms using programming languages such as (SQL, Python and R)
The following skills are an added advantage: - Experience with self-service analytics and data visualization applications (MS PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau or similar), or business intelligence tools (SAP Business Objects, etc.) - Knowledge of ETL tools (Talend, Informatica, etc.) - Knowledge of Cloud based data technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.) Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official United Nations language is a plus.
No Fee THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.