CRM Developer (Salesforce)
Application deadline in 16 days: Monday 20 Feb 2023 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) supports the transformation to More efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems, for Better production, Better nutrition, a Better environment and a Better life, leaving no one behind. Information Technology Services Division (CSI) is responsible for all information technology (IT) activities within the Organization. CSI performs, on behalf of the Organization, the following critical roles: defining FAO IT policies and providing strategic advice on IT architecture and standards, governance, policy and operational matters while monitoring organizational compliance; defining the mechanisms for managing FAO's information and data; protecting FAO's information assets and ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability; ensuring provision of IT services that are core for the Organization's global operations and supporting the information and business processes; coordinating organization-wide IT activities in order to reduce duplication and fragmentation and to increase integration of information data, systems and platforms, mobilizing IT resources from across the Organization.
FAO is embarking on implementation of the CRM system based on Salesforce as underpinning technology for managing engagements and other business processes across organization. A best-in-class solution with minimum customizations will allow FAO to run on a stable CRM environment and use modern technology like mobile access, artificial Intelligence and business process automation, and to take advantage of any new technology and features added to the selected platform.
*) home-based with at least 4 hours overlap with CET time zone.
CRM Developer will report to an Information Technology Officer.
Carry-out development, rollout, and improvements of FAO CRM environment, as well as contribute to plan, design and development of evolving capabilities within organizational CRM, including the core CRM components: Salesforce Sales, Experience Cloud, Pardot and other as the solution enhances. (S)he closely collaborates with business teams in defining future needs for the Organization's CRM providing technical solutions and deliverables to meet the business needs of the CRM Programme. S/he will also have the responsibility to contribute to architectural and system design.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Together with business teams and under the guidance of Information Technology Officer to determine business, functional and technical requirements and participate in Salesforce applications design, coding, configuration, customization, maintenance, testing, deployment and debugging as well as producing technical documentation. • Create customer workflows and perform reviews of the data, developing CRM solutions to ensure that best practices are followed, and the best data solutions are provided. • Specific examples of Salesforce Development tasks include. • Identify Salesforce usage problems and craft technical / communication plans to remedy. • Obtain and document requirements when needed • Develop/modify ad hoc reports and dashboards as requested • Develop/modify HTML email and java script templates to support custom and auto generated system responses • Design and build custom Salesforce objects and processes • Manage mass imports and exports of data. • Willingness to learn Salesforce development, and ability to assist in quality assuring in-house custom code. • Serve as back up for architects and understand all workflow and system process. • Consider new releases of Salesforce CRM functionality and assess applicability to FAO • Engage on continuous improvement efforts for application design, support, and practice development efforts. • Provide technical assistance and end user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and “how-to” assistance. • Work with project team to drive deliverables from vendors • Promote and foster a positive work environment • Other duties as assigned
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• For Consultants: University degree or equivalent in Information Technologies. Working knowledge (level C) of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge (level B) of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian. • For PSA: University Degree or equivalent technical experience in the subject. Working knowledge of English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian. • Minimum 3 years’ experience with Salesforce developer toolkit - Apex, VisualForce, Force.com IDE, Force.com Migration Tool, Web Services/SOA & Metadata APIs • Salesforce Developer Certificate is a must. Other Salesforce Professional certificates are a plus.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus • Teamwork • Communication • Building Effective Relationships • Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in building solutions for more than one business areas • Familiarity with Services Oriented Design Principles (SOA) and Web Services • Previous experience programming in .NET. • Prior experience with data migration and ETL/integration tools a plus • Experience with wide range of Salesforce applications is a strong plus
• Outstanding analytical, business process development skills and problem solving skills. • Ability to troubleshoot system, process and data issues; ability to think clearly under pressure. • Demonstrated and proven ability to provide superior client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations. • Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with senior business management and peers. • Self-motivated and solution oriented with excellent people and project management skills.