Consultancy - Countdown and CAP2030 profiles and related products and COVID-19 Dashboard, Data and Analytics (D&A) Section, DAPM NYHQ (remote based)
Application deadline 19 days ago: Thursday 11 Nov 2021 at 04:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
Consultancy Title: Consultant, Countdown and CAP2030 profiles and related products and COVID-19 Dashboard
Section/Division/Duty Station: Data & Analysis (D&A) Section, DAPM, New York HQ
Duration: 06 December 2021 to 28 May 2022 (49 days)
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you. For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments. UNICEF has over 12,000 staff in more than 145 countries.
The Countdown to 2030 initiative tasks involves supporting the dissemination of the Countdown to 2030 profiles and associated products that promote accountability for women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health. The CAP2030 initiative tasks include working with partners to finalize the global, thematic and age specific dashboards that are built around the domain areas in the Convention on the Rights of the Child. The COVID19 tasks involve working closely with the UNICEF ROSA office on developing a dashboard to help with predicting and responding to COVID19 spikes in cases and supporting the development of a pilot project on community COVID19 surveillance. Additional tasks involve support to the Health and HIV team on GIS and on analyses for UNICEF products.
- Countdown to 2030 initiative. Tasks: Support the preparation of Countdown to 2030 country brochures and powerpoints that will help with the dissemination of the Countdown to 2030 profiles.
- CAP2030. Tasks: Work with partners to finalize and disseminate the global, thematic and age specific scorecards.
- COVID19 ROSA support. Tasks: Work with the UNICEF ROSA office on the preparation of an early warning system on COVID19 for the South Asia region, and provide support for the development of a pilot project on community-based surveillance.
- GIS training and support for Health and HIV inputs to cross-cutting DAIU products. Tasks: Provide a training course to Health and HIV staff on GIS. Complete analyses and inputs into a cross-cutting DAIU product
Terms of Reference / Deliverables
In close collaboration and working with the Senior Advisor, Health and HIV, the consultant will support the Health and HIV team in producing country profiles and associated products for the Countdown to 2030 and CAP2030 initiatives related to maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and well-being. This consultancy will also support the Health and HIV team in supporting ROSA in developing an early warning system for COVID-19.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Countdown to 2030: Support for development of country brochures and dissemination activities
- CAP 2030 global scorecard template finalized including with thresholds selected for each indicator, populated with data, quality checked and prepared for dissemination
- ROSA COVID19 work on early warning system and pilot project on community -based surveillance.
- Support to the Health and HIV team on GIS training and for inputs to DAIU cross sector products
- CAP 2030 age specific and thematic scorecards finalize
● An advanced university degree in demography, global health, public health, social sciences, medicine, or epidemiology.
2) Work experience
●Five years of work experience at the national or international levels on maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health.
● Proven experience in producing data visualizations for maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health.
● Strong organizational, planning, and analytical skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication in English
● Good judgment, initiative, high sense of responsibility, tact and discretion
● Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and ability to establish harmonious working relations in a multicultural environment.
● Proficiency in R and STATA, proficiency in excel and working with large datasets, proficiency in tableau and in preparing data visualizations
- Completed profile in UNICEF's e-Recruitment system and provide Personal History Form (P11) Upload copy of academic credentials
- Financial proposal that will include:
- your daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference
- travel costs and daily subsistence allowance, if internationally recruited or travel is required as per TOR.
- Any other estimated costs: visa, health insurance, and living costs as applicable.
- Indicate your availability
- Any emergent / unforeseen duty travel and related expenses will be covered by UNICEF.
- At the time the contract is awarded, the selected candidate must have in place current health insurance coverage.
- Payment of professional fees will be based on submission of agreed satisfactory deliverables. UNICEF reserves the right to withhold payment in case the deliverables submitted are not up to the required standard or in case of delays in submitting the deliverables on the part of the consultant.
U.S. Visa information:
With the exception of the US Citizens, G4 Visa and Green Card holders, should the selected candidate and his/her household members reside in the United States under a different visa, the consultant and his/her household members are required to change their visa status to G4, and the consultant’s household members (spouse) will require an Employment Authorization Card (EAD) to be able to work, even if he/she was authorized to work under the visa held prior to switching to G4.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
*This is an extension of the vacancy in order to expand the candidate pool. Previous applicants need not reapply as their original application will be duly considered.