Communications Officer (Intranet Revamp Project) - COMIN (Contractual)
Application deadline in 3 days: Monday 4 Dec 2023 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
Communications Officer (Intranet Revamp Project) – COMIN
The Communications Department (COM) is the IMF's center for strategic communication. It develops and coordinates the Fund's external and internal communications strategy, shapes key messages, and advises Management and staff on how best to convey those messages. The department also monitors and responds to what is being said and written about the institution, both inside and outside the Fund.
COM is looking for a Communications Officer to work in its Internal Communications Division (COMIN) to drive internal/digital communications initiatives, with a primary focus on the Intranet Revamp project. The division is responsible for developing and implementing the internal communications strategy to keep staff informed about institutional policies and programs as well as workplace developments, while promoting a sense of community and shared mission within the Fund. COMIN helps shape institutional messages and advises senior management and staff on internal communications and works closely with other departments to coordinate internal events and communications activities. COMIN also manages, provides governance for, and leads projects and digital initiatives related to the corporate Intranet and related digital products and channels. The priority enterprise project for COMIN to help lead deliver over the next two years is the Intranet Revamp project, which will deliver a fully redesigned, modernized and reorganized corporate Intranet based on SharePoint Online (SPO) and related technologies/solutions.
Under the supervision of the COM Program Manager for the Intranet Project, the candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- Representing COM Internal Communications as business partner/leader for the Intranet Revamp modernization project, including being a core member of the project team, to ensure that the new Intranet meets COM requirements and objectives.
- Contributing to producing project artifacts that COM is responsible for with high quality and timely delivery.
- Liaising with and represent other COMIN product owners for their areas of the Intranet (Homepage, News, Videos, Events, Corporate Pages, branding, etc).
- Liaising with other key departments and key stakeholders on the project, namely the Knowledge Management Unit (KMU) and Information Technology Department (ITD).
- Assisting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding the Intranet and internal communications related solutions and processes. Also help other internal stakeholders and external partners understand, and optimize, COMIN related business processes and solutions.
- Helping articulate COM's vision and requirements to other stakeholder groups and roles, including external consultants and implementation partners.
- Verifying and helping refine details and accuracy of documented business/functional requirements; participate in solution designs and technical specifications.
- Helping provide oversight to make sure delivery by various teams and stakeholders are following agreed to processes, quality assurance procedures, and industry best practices.
- Helping lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with stakeholders across COM, including testing and reporting defects.
- Cross-train COM users in new Intranet features and SharePoint Online (SPO) in general, and continuously disseminate knowledge and best practices regarding SPO and related intranet tools and technologies; including documentation or using other digital tools to help communicate/retain the related knowledge.
- Contribute to updating Intranet standards and governance activities and documents.
- Helping research potential industry available solutions and best practices to meet COM needs; including Proof of Concepts (POCs) for new ideas and innovations.
- As a member of the COMIN Digital Team, work with COMIN to continuously innovate internal digital and social communications to boost staff online engagement, and support other COM related digital transformation initiatives.
- Helping to maintain the Intranet and occasionally as a content contributor/author; assisting with internal events.
- Educational development, typically acquired by the completion of an advanced university degree, or equivalent, in communications, international relations, languages, or a related field, supplemented by a minimum of four years of relevant professional experience, is required. Alternatively, a university degree, or equivalent, and ten years of relevant professional experience are required.
In addition, the following qualifications would be a plus:
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint Online (SPO), corporate intranets and their related platforms and capabilities.
- Experience related to internal communications, business analysis, requirements management, and strong organization skills is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics is desired; experience with User Experience (UX), web design, information architecture, user research, and usability testing is a plus.
- Experience contributing to enterprise level projects, including partnering with internal/external stakeholders is desired. Subject matter expertise related to various internal communications, staff engagement and internal social media platforms and related process is preferred. Experience with quality assurance processes and executing testing of digital solutions is preferred. Proven experience with improving business processes and internal communications/engagement through past project deliverables is strongly preferred. A solid understanding of the IMF’s goals, priorities, and operations, as well as global political, economic, and financial issues is desired; strong writing and editorial skills; an innovative mindset; an ability to communicate client needs persuasively, open listening skills, strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
This is a one-year contractual appointment. Contractual appointments at the IMF are renewable for up to four years of cumulative contractual service, pending incumbent's performance, budget availability, and continuous business need.
COMIN Communications Department Internal Communications DivisionHiring For:
A11, A12The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation. We welcome requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities during the selection process.