Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Assistant
Application deadline in 4 days: Tuesday 5 Dec 2023 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunities for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, honesty, and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The overall purpose of the role: Economic Recovery assistant (SME) is responsible for ensuring the high-quality delivery of specialized project activities requiring particular skill sets (for example, implementation of Economic Recovery/Livelihood activities). Project activities and deliverables will be determined in line with DRC and donor SME policies and guidelines. Besides, the EcRec (SME) Assistant's objective is to achieve overall SME activities at the field level. Particularly beneficiary assessment, provide business development support to small businesses and women and men-led enterprises at the project level. And also he/she will be contributing to market assessment, and coordination internally (emergency, protection, HMA, MEAL, and Support services department) and externally (Community representatives with the consideration of DRC's reputation in the field.
- Support the establishment of representative and inclusive site committees (men and women committees)
- Attend regular meetings with site committees, relaying minutes and important findings to officer, Team Leader and CCCM Specialist
- Conduct new assessments and surveys to capture gaps, needs and areas of duplication in the sites, and available services and active partners for the sites.
- Closely liaise with site management committees for implementation of emergency services, Shelter and hygiene assistance, site-level referrals to other actors for assistance, and community-based initiatives
- Lead on introduction of the Community-Based Initiatives (CBI) and facilitate the establishment of CBI groups, review proposals from CBI groups, and once approved, support CBI groups to implement the initiatives.
- Work closely with MEAL Officers to act on feedback by communities on DRC and other partner activities, including reporting feedback directly to Accountability/MEAL Officer
- Ensure proper filing and organizing of necessary project documents, support on procurement, and distribution of in-kind distribution stock as directed by CCCM officer and Team leader.
- Conduct distributions of assistance in the sites, as directed by the Team leader.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- University degree in a relevant area (social sciences, civil engineering, logistics, etc).
- Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in CCCM, Emergency, Protection, Shelter, or WASH program, or in support functions (logistics, supply, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills
- Good conceptual understanding of protection and human rights
- Strong team spirit and ability to work comfortably in multi-cultural contexts.
- Good skills with basic software, such as MS Word and Excel
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to unexpected and challenging problems.
- Able to travel to districts and fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, agriculture engineering, Economics or related subjects is an asset.
- Pashto (Fluent)
- Dari (Fluent)
- English (Advanced)
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking the below Apply link:
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Note: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.