Business Support Assistant (Reports and OIM) SC5, Dhaka
Application deadline 1 month ago: Monday 12 Dec 2022 at 19:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
JOB RELATED KEY INFORMATION:
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Reports)
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Duration of contract: 12 months
Vacancy Number: 178610
Date of Publication: 29 November 2022
Deadline of publication: 12 December 2022
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
No of Position: One (1)
Duty Station: Dhaka
Nationality: Bangladeshi only
Monthly Salary: As per UN salary scale
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. In Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, WFP provides life-saving assistance to more than 860,000 Rohingya refugees and over 400,000 most vulnerable households in the local communities. WFP implements a range of programmes including integrated food and nutrition assistance, school feeding activities, emergency preparedness and tailored livelihoods programming to support the most vulnerable populations.
The incumbent will support all Operational and Capacity Support Information Management and Performance Reporting activities and contribute to the establishment and presentation of a standard operating picture of the WFP portfolio and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout the organization. The Associate will work closely with members of the Reports unit as well as the Programme, M&E, VAM, Partnerships, Resource Management and Communications teams.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION: Completion of Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, Communications, Information Management, Business, Social Sciences or other related fields.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of four years of relevant work experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English (level C) and Bangla.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Reports, the job holder will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Source and consolidate relevant programme unit/sector inputs and achievements for operational and donor/performance reports, including the annual reporting exercise.
2. Proactively identify and flag potential issues for updating, confirmation or clarification (e.g. where data and other inputs do not align with previous figures provided or where logic seems unclear).
3. Produce reports, factsheets and other products (e.g. situation updates and operational overviews) in corporate templates for both internal and external audiences.
4. Disseminate WFP external products to external stakeholders – including donors, Government and UN agencies – with summaries of the most important operational information – using digital marketing templates.
5. Support efficient and thorough information gathering for time-sensitive, ad hoc requests (e.g. internal updates and overviews for senior management, talking points, speeches), ensuring internal deadlines are met to allow for supervisor review.
6. Ensure that standard procedures and templates (including WFP Style Guide and Monthly Tracker guidance) are followed to drive the quality, consistency and standardisation of information management and performance reporting across WFP.
7. Support initiatives for developing improved, streamlined, and harmonized products, including drafting of related normative guidance, as required.
8. Contribute to initiatives to strengthen information flows within and outside the Country Office.
9. Others as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Strong English writing, editing and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of report writing and design with strong attention to detail
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and enter data accurately using standardized tools and systems
- General knowledge of common business principles and processes; and information management best practices, techniques and processes
- Familiarity with the refugee and local community context of Cox’s Bazar, and Bhasan Char, and overall development landscrape of Bangladesh.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are requested to create an E-recruitment account before submitting an online application, including CV and a letter of interest.
To view the job description and apply to the mentioned vacancies, please follow these simple steps…
1. Create your online CV
2. Click on “Apply”
3. For new user, click on create an account
The United Nations World Food Programme is a leading organization delivering food assistance and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We also support governments of developing countries in their efforts to eliminate hunger and malnutrition by addressing the underlying causes and disparities in access to food and good nutrition to ensure that no one is left behind in line with the Agenda 2030, Sustaining Peace and Agenda for Humanity. WFP is particularly focused on Goal 2 (Zero Hunger) and Goal 17 (Partnerships). Delivering on our mandate of Zero Hunger requires us to have a diverse, inclusive and gender-balanced workforce.
For more on WFP and what we do, please go to http://www.wfp.org/videos/zero-hunger
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. The Nobel Peace Prize gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. WFP provides life-saving assistance to more than 850,000 Rohingya refugees and over 300,000 most vulnerable households in the local communities. WFP implements a range of programmes including integrated food and nutrition assistance, school feeding activities, emergency preparedness, and tailored livelihoods programme to support the most vulnerable population.
WHY WORK WITH US?
This is an opportunity for an exciting and challenging position in a multi-cultural and interdisciplinary team. In addition, we offer:
Meaningful and impactful careers: Our day-to-day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve
Continuous learning and training: We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers
Multicultural and stimulating work environment: We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger
Join our amazing team of vibrant women and men saving lives and changing lives in Bangladesh, watch this video to know more about us https://www.wfp.org/countries/bangladesh .
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Monday, 12 December 2022.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.