Budgeting and Finance Analyst
Application deadline in 8 days: Wednesday 10 Mar 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Are you a skilled analyst of large data sets, and financial problem solving, who is a team player that enjoys working in a diverse group of international people?
Join our team and work in an exciting, collaborative, and fast-paced environment, surrounded by talented people of different cultures and nationalities. Help us maintain a stable and well-planned financial process which benefits the whole organisation.
This is a remote role with a team working in the Central European Standard Time (CEST) time zone; for this role at least six working hours must overlap with the 08:30am to 5pm CEST working day.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organisation saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The Technology Division of WFP (TEC) partners with business areas across the organisation to digitally transform our business. We provide a wide variety of IT services and applications to the organisation. The Resource Management branch (TECR) is part of the Technology Division and oversees the division’s financial and budgeting requirements.
Under the direct supervision of Finance and Budget Officer and the overall supervision of the Head of Fund management and Performance based in TEC Resource Management branch (TECR), the Budgeting & Financial Analyst will support the effective and efficient management of resources through a holistic, comprehensive and proactive approach. He/she will support the team on budget efficiency and financial management functions, from planning to monitoring and reporting through the definition of business models with clear and shared funding rationale, involving key stakeholders inside and outside TEC (for example the Budget, Finance, Management Services divisions).
- Support the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques and ensure the maximum value for money is achieved;
- Track and determine financial status by analysing actual results in comparison with forecasts, to improve the efficiency of the use of resources available;
- Support the annual budget preparation exercise for TEC;
- Support financial forecasting for the IT Per-Capita model, monitoring the funds consumption and reconciliation of Per-Capita;
- Prepare regular reports on financial status, including burn rates and addressable spend; update the dashboards on a monthly basis, to provide accurate information;
- Monitor and analyse budgets for new and ongoing projects according to the established corporate procedures and requirements;
- Propose actions to improve financial performance, and monitor the implementation;
- Support business studies on past, future, and comparative performance and develop forecast models, to assist strategic decision making;
- Contribute to the delivery of financial controls and insight into WFP performance, supporting periodic risk and internal control assessments to identify areas which may present potential audit, compliance or financial risks;
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Financial status reports, including the analysis of spending trends, are prepared on monthly basis, and communicated to the Management;
- Global services under Per-Capita are properly funded, expenditures monitored and inputs to annual report are provided;
- Regular communication is established with all the stakeholders, inside and outside of the Division(s);
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
University degree in one of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Budgeting, Economics, Mathematics, Business Administration, Science, or another related field.
At least 3 years of relevant working experience in the areas of funds management, budgeting, account reconciliation, cash management, financial management / financial analysis / financial reporting.
Knowledge & Skills:
Ability to review and evaluate budgets, review and assess internal controls, financial processes and procedures and provide recommendations for improvement;
- Ability to review and analyse financial statements and audit reports;
- High level of Excel skills;
- High communication, presentation and inter-personal skills;
- Knowledge of SAP (desirable) ;
- Ability in proactively networking & establishing effective working relationships;
- Strong team player coupled with demonstrated ability to work autonomously;
- Passionate and committed to excellence with client orientation;
- Ethics & values;
- Stress resistance.
Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit our website for detailed information on working with WFP: http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 10 March 2021 at 11:59pm Rome time
*Qualified female applicants an**d qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.*
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Saving lives, changing lives