B4P Manager – Iraq
Application deadline in 7 days: Thursday 6 Apr 2023 at 20:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract (NRC) contracts.
NRC is looking for a manager to join the B4P Grant Facility in Iraq. The Building for Peace Fund Facility (B4PF) is a Grant Facility that aims to contribute to conflict prevention, peacebuilding, and reconstruction in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. The holder of the position will be responsible for coordinating the Facility’s support to Local Non-Governmental Organizations partners and proactively engaging with national and local stakeholders throughout the project cycle to ensure coordination and improved acceptance of the B4PF
**This role is open to Iraqi nationals only**
What You Will Do
- Spearhead the strategy design at the field level of the B4PF approach and monitoring of the same.
- Overall responsibility for managing the relationship with B4PF grantee organizations.
- Contribute to access negotiations for local NGO grantees.
- Lead and oversee the early market engagement (EME), including the assessments for areas of operation, partners mapping, stakeholder outreach, and contributing to the strategy for funding allocation
- In conjunction with the B4P Fund Facility Director, liaise with donors on funding and partnerships.
- Lead proactive engagement with high-level national, regional, and local authorities, ensuring the B4PF’s acceptance.
- Liaise regularly with development actors in the area of operations.
- Provide regular inputs into advocacy initiatives
- Ensure capacity-building initiatives are in place for local grantee organizations.
- Contribute to the Call for Proposals process at the national level, including the co-creation of grantee projects.
- Support the development of concept notes, project proposals, and budget development for potential B4PF grantees.
- Support project grantees with the identification of infrastructure and peacebuilding interventions.
- Responsible for conducting capacity assessments, capacity development plans, and coordination of technical assistance for project grantees.
- Collaborate actively with the MEAL Manager, learning partners, and the Third-Party Monitoring consultant to monitor partnerships and projects, and propose adaptations if required.
- Represent the facility in policy, coordination, and research fora to advance its strategic objectives at the country level.
- Responsible for drafting or providing inputs to reports, updates, and briefing notes as necessary.
- Responsible for the oversight and monitoring of projects with a total budget of over 5 million Euros
- Coordinate with NRC Country Offices in the implementation countries, as needed.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior manager position
- Advanced University degree in social sciences, international development, conflict studies, public policy, or another related field.
- Prior expertise working in fragile contexts of the MENA Region (e.g. Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, Yemen, Libya, Syria) is mandatory.
- Proven experience working on partnerships with local organizations.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal.
- Specific knowledge of German development cooperation is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in representation and advocacy
What Makes This Position Attractive?
- The humanitarian crisis in Iraq remains one of the largest and most volatile in the world. Four years since the end of the active armed conflict, displacement in Iraq remains complex with protracted and secondary displacement.
- This is an opportunity to contribute to the protection and assistance of internally displaced Iraqis, Syrian refugees, returnees, and host communities, focusing on those in protracted displacement in camps, informal settlements, and areas of return, with a particular emphasis on hard-to-reach populations.
- Meaningful work that responds to the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns raised by beneficiary communities. We are continuing to shift towards early recovery programming, aiming for sustainable development, and providing integrated and localized services to assist the displacement-affected populations while maintaining our capacity to respond to immediate humanitarian needs.
- NRC is currently supported by multiple institutional, bilateral, and multilateral donors. These include the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, the KfW Development Bank (KfW), the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), European Union Regional Trust Fund (EUTF), International Trade Centre (ITC), United Nations refugee agency (UNHCR), Department for International Development (DFID), Australia Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), U.S. State Department Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA), etc
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture which empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
What We Offer
Iraq duty station.
- This role is open to Iraq Nationals Only
- 24****-month contract duration renewable subject to performance and funding,
- Also, important to note-offer for the position to the successful candidate is contingent on donor approval timelines
- 30****% travel, approximately (nationally)
- Grade 10 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Key Information - Please Take Note When Applying
- We highly encourage you to learn more about the role: please review the full Job Description here.
- Learn more about NRC’s operation in Iraq here.
- To apply as an internal candidate****, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
- Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your employment history, experience, responsibilities, and education in your application.
- Ensure to attach your latest CV.
- Submit your application and CV in English.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. NRC is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to give detailed feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted.
- For any queries, please email us at [email protected] with “B4P Manager-Iraq” as the subject line.