Associate Portfolio Officer
Application deadline in 7 days: Monday 30 May 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a World Bank Group grade: GF contract. More about World Bank Group grade: GF contracts.
Associate Portfolio Officer
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The Corporate & Portfolio Risk Management Department (CRM), under the Corporate Risk & Sustainability Vice-Presidency, provides Corporate-wide risk oversight of IFC's debt, equity and treasury portfolios, as well as managing IFC's overall capital position and financial sustainability. Within CRM, Portfolio Valuation and Analytics (CRMVA) team is responsible for coordinating, overseeing, and providing fair valuation of IFC’s investment portfolio.
CRMVA is conducting a search for an Associate Portfolio Officer to join an international dynamic team in support of developing new and maintaining existing quantitative tools and models such as models/approaches used in the valuation of IFC’s fixed income portfolio, project finance business lines, assessment of market risk, credit risk, liquidity, economic capital, stress testing, and derivatives.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Provide financial model development and support for existing valuation and risk models.
• Liaise with credit, market and model risk management teams and with internal Treasury clients and provide support and analysis for quantitative risk measurement.
• Monitor financial markets, developments in quantitative risks measurement and modeling as well as regulatory changes.
• Collaborate with units across the department and IT in order to develop tools and reports that will help facilitate and manage collaboration within the institution.
• Under the supervision of senior staff in quantitative risk unit, work in close collaboration with the credit and market risk teams as well as corporate IT to enhance quality of existing quantitative models used for risk management.
• Bachelor or Master’s (preferred) degree in a technical field such as Finance, Physics, Mathematics, or related areas.
• Advanced operational and technical skills with diverse financial background.
• At least 5 years relevant hands-on experience with fair valuing fixed income products, instruments with optionality, and structured finance projects is highly desired.
• Ability to analyze and understand financial instruments and models, and to write code to facilitate analysis.
• Ability to simulate and solve financial, mathematical and/or statistical models.
• Experience working with IT professionals within either a Risk Management or a Financial Division would be a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork, and ability to interact effectively with, Treasury staff, technical specialists, technology experts, and senior managers.
• Ability to handle pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Data analysis skills with knowledge of VBA for Excel for office applications as well as knowledge and prior experience of using statistical software such as Matlab, R or SSPS is highly desired.
• Strong knowledge and prior experience of using an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or Python is required.
• Prior experience in financial and business intelligence software such as Bloomberg, SAS or Tableau is a plus.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.