Advisor, Change Management and Strategic Initiatives
The Advisor, Change Management and Strategic Initiatives is part of a dynamic team of more than 70 professionals in the Health Unit. The Advisor will build and continually optimize lean governance systems to facilitate efficient decision-making. You will play a central role in supporting a positive culture and lead continuous evolution of strategy and vision. You will also serve as a strategic thought partner to Health Unit leadership, leading the coordination and implementation of our Gender Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion ambition, and change initiatives, in alignment with IRC's people goal.
governance and leadership
Build and improve lean and efficient governance systems and processes to facilitate strategic decision-making, risk mitigation, and ensure clarity around decision-making; centralize and organize departmental information and ensure consistency
- Optimize and streamline team governance and performance structure - Lead on establishing departmental goal and reporting for HU governance goals and ambitions. - Communicate notes and decisions via the dissemination of SMT and leadership group meeting minutes. - Supervise the Health Unit's Program Assistant
Team culture and learning
Co-lead creation, implementation, and evolution of Health Unit strategy and vision to support a positive culture and cultivate learning
- Support a diverse and distributed team to ensure a shared sense of mission and community - Build distributed/remote team working standards and infrastructure - Strengthen opportunities for remote team building - Lead structure and content for sharing events/moments, including team retreats, learning series and/or one-off sessions; help colleagues connect to one another - Create efficient systems for soliciting team feedback and monitoring engagement and achievement - Coordinate the establishment of norms on work life balance and self-care and set up systems for accountability. - Coordinate professional development and learning initiatives
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Lead coordination and communication of Health Units’ work to enhance Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Cultivate an environment of sharing lessons learned, active feedback loops with staff, non-retaliation, and commitment to continually improving. - Oversee implementation and monitoring of HU’s DEI action plans - Convene and facilitate HU leadership integrating DEI commitments into their regular business processes. - Work with relevant departments to generate communications and knowledge management standards that facilitate DEI.
Strategic Initiatives and Change Management
- Support change management for ad hoc strategic People projects in collaboration with the HR Director, TechEx GEDI TAs Health Unit SMT - Work with senior management at the outset of change programs to pressure test, challenge proposed requests for change to ensure minimum team burden and maximum positive impact for HU clients. - Set metrics and analyze progress to better understand the success of change efforts.
- 6-8 years of demonstrated experience in human resource, project management, communications, governance, and organizational development.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
Education: Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or closely related field
Language Skills: Fluency in English
Certificates or Licenses:
Preferred experience & skills:
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytic skills to engage with leadership - Experience leading organizational change initiatives, and large-scale, cross-functional projects - Experience addressing complex adaptive problems, while productively and creatively delivering products of the highest possible value; experience with agile management - Dedication to and experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion work - Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships remotely - Experience working in an international organization with a dispersed workforce - Excellent writing, presentation and meeting facilitation skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications - Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional distributed team structure - High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, documents management solutions and project management tools
- Standard office working environment - Some international travel as needed up to 15% - This role may require working remotely part time, and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC and IRC employees must adhere to the values and principles contained in the IRC WAY (Standards of Professional Conduct). These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. Consistent with these values, IRC operates and enforces policies on beneficiary protection from exploitation and abuse, child protection, workplace harassment, financial integrity, and retaliation. #LI-GR1