Application deadline 5 months ago: Tuesday 12 Jan 2021
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the direct supervision of UNITAD head of mission support coordination office or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Administrative Officer will:
- Reports to the head of MSCO and ensures overall coordination and effective implementation of all administrative support within the Erbil office.
- Provides guidance to the HoO on administrative support that can be provided under the following parameters: UN Financial rules and regulations, staff rules, administrative policies, instructions, specific delegation of authority, and in addition mission and regional priorities.
- Coordinates the provision of guidance, training and daily supervision to other staff in the
area of responsibility.
- Identifying and Verifying monthly cost recoveries related to UNITAD Erbil office.
- Manage the supply chain activities at the regional level in close coordination with the HQ aligned with the approved budget, trace all shipment and follow up till delivery to the Erbil region.
- Assist in the inventory management activities at the regional level in close coordination with end users and the property management Section at the HQ in Baghdad.
- Establishing archiving system for Erbil MSCO office to be complied with UNITAD MSCO archiving system.
- Performs other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., operational travel program, monitoring accounts and payments to vendors and individual contractors for services, physical space planning and the identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems, organizes and coordinates seminars, conferences and translations).
- Coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members
both at Headquarters and in the field mission.
- Identifies and resolves diverse issues and problems as they arise, determining the
- any other related duties as may be required.
Budget and Finance;
- Monitors and reviews the work programme and budget by conducting regular and special reviews to assess progress of actual work versus the programme plan. Coordinates the production of programme reports.
- Supervises and/or provides guidance on financial administration and management information issues and practices to colleagues.
Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, Business Administration or area related to Admin & Property management a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree;
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in managing admin or logistic sections, or other relevant programmes; experience working in the UN or other international development organization is desirable; experience with Admin, Finance and budgeting and working on the SAP systems is a highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 over rough terrain; (if not applicable, delete)
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise:
Administration and administrative assistance
Area of expertise details:
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
Application procedure * Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Application deadline: 12 Januay 2021