Application deadline 4 months ago: Tuesday 26 Jul 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
Result of Service The Administrative assistant will support in performing tasks related to a series of administrative and general office activities. She/he will assist in the organization of meetings and in providing office support and any other ad-hoc administrative activities and tasks.
Work Location Beirut, UN-House ESCWA
Expected duration 6 Months
Duties and Responsibilities The Administrative Assistant will perform the following responsibilities:
- Provides general office support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of relevant activities.
- Sorts and distributes or processes mail and other documents and delivers urgent mail/messages.
- Receives phone calls and reply to queries when possible.
- Assist in drafting and preparing routine correspondence and memoranda. Organize and maintain documents, records and files including photocopying and scanning duties.
- Uses standard word processing package to produce a variety of routine correspondence, reports, tables, charts, graphs, etc., in accordance with institutional standards.
- Proofreads written communication for completeness & grammatical & typographical accuracy.
- Maintains related files and records (paper and electronic as applicable).
- Compiles and gathers pertinent background material, organizes information and reference materials from various sources;
- Contribute to logistical arrangements and other organizational matters related to the preparation for meetings;
Respond to ad-hoc assignments as requested.
Qualifications/special skills Academic Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Experience: A minimum of 2 years of work experience in administration and office support is required. Language: Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
No Fee THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.